Current Board Openings
Fletcher ABC Board Chair
The Town of Fletcher is seeking to fill the board chair vacancy on the Fletcher ABC Board.
This board is appointed by the Town Council and is responsible for running the A.B.C. store and hiring the employees who work in the store. This board is separate from the other boards in the Town in that it handles its own affairs and also has an independent audit.
All interested applicants should be a resident of the Town of Fletcher and be willingly to serve a three-year term.
The chairman of the Fletcher ABC Board responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be familiar with and operate within the boundaries of the laws and rules that apply to alcohol in your community and the state.
- Oversee the personnel of the local ABC Board by being available with insight and advice on most store repairs that require the disbursement of a large sum of money.
- Ensure that public confidence and trust in the ABC system are preserved.
- Hold the employees of the board to the highest standard of reporting and disbursement of public monies.
- Borrow money for the board as provided in G.S.B-702.
- Be familiar with ABC law and the rules of North Carolina.
- Promote a customer-friendly, modern, and efficient store.
- Be available at least once per month and sometimes more for a meeting that is held to make decisions regarding personnel, operational, and other matters.
The Board typically meets once per month. Anyone interested in applying may access the application at this link: https://www.fletchernc.org/town-government/town-committees/board-openings/ OR by contacting either the Town Clerk at (828) 687-3985.
Applications will be accepted through November 11, 2022. The Town Council is responsible for appointments to all volunteer Boards. Applicants would need to be available to attend a Council meeting as part of the process if requested.
Thank you for considering service to our Town.