An internship with the Town of Fletcher offers the opportunity to learn the complexities of municipal government and contribute to the management of projects important to the operation and growth of the Town. The Town Manager’s Office Management Internship is a paid internship, may be completed for course credit, and may consist of up to 400 contact hours generally in the May-August timeframe.
The internship’s purpose is to give graduate students with an expressed interest in local government management the chance to explore the field in a work setting. This program allows interns to take what they have learned about public service, management, and research in the classroom, and apply those lessons to significant Town projects in order to further prepare for a career in the public sector.
The Town of Fletcher benefits from the projects completed by the Management Intern, while the Management Intern benefits from the knowledge and guidance of experienced local government staff.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Town Fletcher Management Internship Cover Letter and Application 2023 March 30
- Cover letter explaining areas of professional interest, planned career path, and how experience as a Town of Fletcher Management Intern fits into your career
- Identification of your strengths and weaknesses in a professional context
- Explanation of why you chose the Town of Fletcher for your internship
- Resume and two references
Applications for the summer of 2023 will be accepted by the Town Manager’s Office beginning March 1- April 21, 2023.
Submissions are accepted by mail, personal delivery, email, or fax.
Assistant Town Manager
Attn: Management Internship Program
300 Old Cane Creek Road
Fletcher, NC 28732
Management Interns are chosen on a competitive basis. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applications and supplemental materials will be reviewed following the application deadline, and qualified applicants will be selected to interview for the position.