Town of Fletcher, North Carolina

How to Dispose of Large or Hard to Dispose Items

Posted on 05/29/2024

How to Dispose of Large Items and “Hard to Dispose Of” Items

White goods such as refrigerators, washers, dryers, water heaters, etc. can be picked up by Fletcher Public Works by calling 828-654-9208 or by visiting to make your request.

Peripheral electronics such as telephones, laptops, keyboards, computer towers, scanners, printers, stereos, mice, etc. can be taken to the Henderson County Convenience Center at 265 Convenience Center Drive in
Hendersonville, NC 28791.

Scrap metal items such as metal bed frames, lawnmowers, gas grills (without the
propane tank), microwaves, metal patio furniture, etc. can also be taken there.

Automotive products such as anti-freeze, oil filters, motor oil (5 gallon limit), and batteries are also accepted at the Convenience Center.

Large household items such as carpet, linoleum and other flooring, mattresses, box springs, household
furniture, wicker patio furniture, large toys, folding sports chairs, and garden hose reels can be taken to the
Henderson County Transfer Station at 191 Transfer Station Drive in Hendersonville, NC 28791.

TV’s and computer monitors are accepted, for a $20 per item fee.

Construction debris such as wood, scrap lumber, bricks, cement blocks, windows, sliding glass doors, asphalt shingles, and unpainted wood pallets are also
accepted at the Transfer Station.

Household chemicals, cleaners, and pesticides are collected during special Spring & Fall events at the
Convenience Center. Visit for more information.

Paint is also accepted at special collection events during the year at the Transfer Station. Visit for more information.

NOTE: Some of the above items incur solid waste fees. Call the Transfer Station at 828-697-4505 for fee info.