Your Feedback is Needed: Fletcher Connects Pedestrian and Bicycle Plan
Posted on 07/15/2020
Fletcher Connects Pedestrian and Bicycle Plan
The Town, in partnership with NCDOT, is working on a pedestrian and bike plan for Fletcher. This plan will identify walking and biking projects that the Town can pursue in order to create a bicycle and pedestrian friendly community. The project began last October, and we hosted a community meeting in February 2020. We are in a new phase of the project and would like the community to provide input on the draft project recommendations. Since it is not advisable to host an in-person session, we are going virtual and we’d like your help in ranking projects before we produce the final document.
Share Your Feedback
The Town is underway in completing the Fletcher Connects Pedestrian and Bicycle Plan. This plan will identify walking and biking projects that the Town can pursue in order to create a bicycle and pedestrian friendly community. We are in a new phase of the project and would like the community to provide input on the draft project recommendations. Since it is not advisable to host an in-person session, we are going virtual and we’d like your help in ranking projects before we produce the final document. The following offers several ways to get involved.
Project Update Presentation
If you would like an update on project activities since the survey and public meeting, which many of you participated in, check out this project update.
Take the Survey
Community members that took part in our previous survey and attended our community meeting in February helped the Team identify which projects are important to Fletcher. Based on these activities, there are a total of 14 projects that have risen to the top. We’d like you to rank these projects at this survey.
Attend a Live Q&A Session
We will host two live Q&A sessions with our consultant team on Thursday, July 23: one at 10:00 AM and another at 6:00 PM. The following instructions provide detail on how to join the meeting by your computer. If you are unable to join by computer and want to only join by phone, simply use the call-in information below.
The room will be locked 10 minutes after the meeting; if you arrive late, please just wait in the virtual “lobby” and we will let you in.
- Click https://trafficplanninganddesign.my.webex.com/meet/confavo
- Your internet browser will arrive at a screen that initiates the meeting
- From this screen, you have two options to join the meeting:
- Download an application to your desktop. If this is your first-time using WebEx, you will see a pop-up screen that asks you to download a file, the WebEx meeting app. This will give you the best experience, but it is not necessary.
- Join from a website. You can do this by clicking the link at the bottom of the screen that says ‘Join from your browser’
- Enter your name and email address
- You will see a preview of your video and audio capabilities, and here you can adjust your settings. Your audio options are:
- Use computer for audio (you need a microphone for this)
- Call in:
- Phone Number: 510-338-9438
- Access code: 291 585 715 #
- Do not use audio (you won’t be heard but you will be able to hear others)
- Click ‘Join Meeting’ and you will be placed in the CONF AVO Personal Room
Submit Questions to the Team
If you can’t join us for one of the live Q&A sessions, you are welcome to submit questions to the consulting team. Contact Rachael Bronson (firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-229-1838).
Once we receive your feedback on ranking these projects, we will start to develop the final recommendations and report. We anticipate the final plan to be developed and presented to Council this fall 2020.
If you have any questions about what is next and when these projects will be built, check out this resource.